Friday 10 April 2020

Salsa

Salsa is a big deal in my house. We eat tacos, nachos, chicken fajitas and salsa chicken with a lot of regularity, so having salsa on hand is really important.

I usually just buy jars of salsa. But last summer when I had a huge abundance of green peppers and cherry tomatoes from our garden, I decided to try making some. I found a fantastic recipe online and it was awesome.

But I didn't write it down.

Fast forward to last week when I had a bunch of tomatoes and wanted to make salsa. And no recipe. But luckily, it's not a hard recipe so I was able to recreate it. Although now, I'm writing it down for other people to use too! :)

2 cups tomatoes (I use cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes)
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 1/2 jalapeno pepper (use more if you like it spicier)
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp lime juice
Salt and pepper

I literally throw everything in my Tupperware Power Chef and dice it until it's the consistency I want. Use a food processor if you don't have a Power Chef. Store in the refrigerator for a few days. It might last longer if you store it in an airtight jar but it doesn't usually last that long in this house so I don't know. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment