Tuesday 30 October 2012

Snickerdoodles

I've been dying to try snickerdoodles in recent weeks, as everybody seems to be talking about them and how good they are. So I decided to try this recipe tonight, and I think I've found my new favorite cookie.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Coating:
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

3. In a bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place two inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

4. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment