Thursday 15 January 2015

Slow Cooker Whole Chicken

Every single time I cook a whole chicken in the oven, I never cook it long enough and end up having everything else ready but not the chicken. Annoying and irritating to say the least. So when I got a whole chicken on sale recently I decided that when the time came to cook it, I was going to do it in the slow cooker.

I found this recipe here: http://www.thelittlekitchen.net/whole-chicken-in-a-slow-cooker/ and I modified the ever living crap out of it. What I'm going to post is what I actually did. I can't say if the original recipe is good or not, but I can say that what I did is absolutely amazing and I will do it again.




1 whole chicken
1 onion, diced
4 carrots, peeled and cut into inch-long halves/quarters
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

1. Put onion and carrots in the bottom of the slow cooker.

2. Rinse chicken in water (clean insides if necessary), pat dry with paper towel. Put the rub all over the outside of the chicken.

3. Place chicken on top of onions and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours (I cooked mine for 6 and the leg meat was falling off the bone).

4. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and broil in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up the skin. Allow chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment