Tuesday 30 August 2011

Adventures in Baby-Led Weaning Part 1

So I'm technically not starting the baby-led weaning until after September 18 when Charlie is 6 months old.

However, I couldn't resist a couple of things.

About a month ago, after watching him watch me eat orange jello more than once, I put a tiny bit of it on his lip to see what he'd do. He made SUCH a funny face when he tasted it, as if to say "Hey that didn't taste anything like I thought it would, Mama!"

And the other day, just to see what he would do, after I fed him, I gave him a single Ritz cracker. He held onto it and started sucking on it. You should have heard the happy squeals that were coming out of him! He loved it! I said "It's salty, isn't it?" and he laughed and laughed! I only let him suck on it for a couple of minutes, though, because I didn't want to get too carried away before the six-month mark.

But I'm thinking this baby-led weaning thing is going to be a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment