Tuesday 30 August 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

Tried this the other day (another from www.allrecipes.com) and Alex absolutely LOVED it. Personally, because I don't like red wine, it was all I could taste, so I wasn't a huge fan. Also, the wine smell in the house while it was cooking gave me a headache. Double whammy. If I was going to make it again, I'd use apple juice instead of the wine. Otherwise it is a fantastic recipe and I do recommend it.

1 pork tenderloin
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce

Place tenderloin in the slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread the garlic over the pork, keeping as much on top as possible. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve the cooking sauce on the side as au jus.

*I actually cooked mine on high for 4 hours instead of low, because the tenderloin I used was still slightly frozen when I put it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment