Tuesday 30 August 2011

Baked Haddock

Here's another recipe from www.allrecipes.com and with this one, as Alex put it, I "hit it out of the park". I did a couple things different from the recipe, but otherwise it's the same. Alex says this reminds him of "flying fish sandwiches" that he got in the Caribbean a long time ago (he actually put his portions of the fish between bread with mayo and ate them as sandwiches).

3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
4 haddock fillets
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 500F
In a small bowl, combine milk and salt. In a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and thyme. Dip the haddock fillets into the milk, then press into the crumb mixture to coat. Place haddock fillets into a baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
Bake on the top rack of the oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes.

*I don't know why you need that much milk to be honest. It seemed like a waste to me, so in the future I'll probably cut the amount of milk in half or so. I didn't use that much salt (mainly because I never cook with salt). In place of the thyme, I used oregano flakes (and I read the recipe wrong and put 1 teaspoon instead of 1/4 teaspoon). I also skipped the melted butter part. And finally, I heated the oven to 425F and cooked it for 25 minutes because I was also cooking french fries at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment