Wednesday 2 November 2011

Easy Sugar Cookies

I made these for our Halloween party and they were a hit. I got the recipe on allrecipes.com and some of the comments there complained that they couldn't make the cookies into shapes, but I had no trouble using cookie cutters to make ghosts and pumpkins out of the dough, so I think those people were crazy. LOL. Anyway, these are the best sugar cookies I've ever tried, and I will definitely make them again.

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter (or margarine) softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375F.

In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.

In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets (or if you want to be like me, take amounts of the dough, flatten them on the counter and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes before using a metal spatula to put them onto the cookie sheets).

Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment