Sunday 10 March 2013

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I have been itching to make sweet and sour meatballs for a couple of weeks now, so yesterday, I called up my mother and asked for her recipe. Made them tonight for us and a couple of our friends who we had invited for supper. The only one who wasn't a fan was Charlie, but that's because he's not a huge fan of beef (never has been). I will say, though, like everything else, he gave it a try (two bites) before deciding he didn't like them. Anyway, I will post the original recipe, but I doubled everything for tonight's meal as I was feeding more than just a couple of people.




1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 tbsp corn starch

Mix onion, ground beef and Worcestershire sauce. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a broiler pan. Broil for 2 minutes each side.

Mix ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, pineapple juice and corn starch in a pot and bring just to a boil.

Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment