Sunday 2 October 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

This recipe came from my grandmother, and is my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe of all time. I just made these for the first time myself today and wanted to share the recipe with everyone. If you're looking for a good, easy peanut butter cookie recipe, this is the one for you.

1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fine flaked unsweetened coconut (optional)

In a bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add white and brown sugar gradually and mix until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and mix well. Add peanut butter, blend well.

In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking soda and salt. Add peanut butter mixture and mix thoroughly. Add coconut if desired.

Drop dough onto ungreased pans. Press flat with fork (dipped in water).

Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes.

(Note: I didn't use the coconut, and didn't use as much salt as it calls for. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment