Friday 30 September 2011

Easy Butter Icing

To go with the cake made from scratch, I wanted icing made from scratch as well. So I sent my mother a message and asked for her butter icing recipe, as I knew she always used it when I was a kid, but I couldn't remember how to make it. She gave it to me, and as you can see in the picture for the cake recipe, I used it.

I think it's the easiest icing recipe out there. Seriously.

Mix 1 teaspoon butter (or margarine) and 1 big tablespoon icing sugar until smooth. Then keep adding icing sugar until you have the desired amount.
Add a drop of milk (or cream or canned milk) and beat until smooth.
If you want to make it chocolate, add cocoa at this point. Start with 1 tablespoon, add more if desired (I used 2 tablespoons). If you don't want to make it chocolate, you can use food coloring to make it any color you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment