Saturday 25 February 2012

Baked Paprika-Parmesan Chicken

I had a whole, cut up chicken that needed to be cooked, but I didn't want to just do shake-n-bake. So I went looking and found an recipe to experiment with. This was quite possibly the moistest, tenderest and tastiest chicken I've ever had.

1/4 cup all purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup to be sure, but the 1/4 would have been enough)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used a heaping 1/2 cup)
2 teaspoons paprika (I used probably 4 teaspoons)
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used about 1/8 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used a whole cut up chicken, bone-in)
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350F
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside. In another bowl combine egg and milk.
Dip chicken pieces in the egg/milk mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture. Place in a baking dish.
Pour melted butter over the chicken.
Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes in the 350F oven, then to crisp it up some, raise the temperature of the oven to 450F and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.

2 comments: