Monday 20 February 2012

Lactation Cookies

I got this recipe off http:theleakyboob.com which is where I've spent a lot of my time since becoming a mother. Well, mostly their Facebook page, but still. Recently, since I've started pumping instead of directly breastfeeding, I've noticed a bit of a dip in my milk supply, so I decided to try lactation cookies to see if I could boost my supply back up. I can't tell you yet if it works or not as I just made these today, but I can tell you that even if they don't work, I think I'll be keeping some of these in the house constantly from now on. They are THAT good. Many thanks to Krista at TLB for the recipe. :)

1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
4 tablespoons of water
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
3 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Soak the flaxseed in the water for a few minutes to soften.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar, add eggs, flaxseed and vanilla.
Add to dry ingredients, mix well.
Drop on cookie sheet, bake 8 – 12 minutes on 375F. (I actually baked mine for 14 minutes and they're perfect. Crispy around the edges, soft in the middle, just the way I like cookies). This recipe made 49 cookies (and I'm horrible at making all my cookies the same size, so it probably could have been more had I been more consistent with my cookie sizes).

1 comment:

  1. Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post.
    lactation drinks

    ReplyDelete