Friday 29 July 2011

Broccoli Salad

This recipe is actually my mother's (I think...) and it is phenomenal. I don't like broccoli, but I love this salad...it's actually one of only two ways I will actually eat broccoli. So that has to be saying something.

1 lg or 2 sm broccoli bunches, chopped into small pieces
1/2 med onion, chopped
5-6 slices bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
1/2 pkg slivered almonds
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Dressing: 1/2 cup mayo
               1/4 cup (or less) sugar
               2 tbsp vinegar

Mix all main ingredients together. Mix in dressing just before serving to prevent it from going soggy. As is, recipe feeds 3-4 people as a salad to go with the main meal. The hardest part is chopping the broccoli up, as it's time consuming and messy. But it's well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment