Friday 29 July 2011

Cheesy Bacon Fish

My mother found this recipe online and passed it on to me. Alex wants me to cook all fish this way now, ha ha. And I'm happy to oblige (good thing we don't eat fish that often?)!



Fish filets
6 slices of bacon (or more if you have more fish)
Sliced onion
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp margarine
2 tbsp flour
Shredded cheese

In a baking dish, lay 3 slices of bacon. Cover this with sliced onion. Lay the fish filets on the bacon/onions. In a bowl, mix margarine and flour, then spoon the mixture onto the fish and spread it all over. Sprinkle it all with the bread crumbs. Cover with another 3 strips of bacon. Sprinkle the whole thing with shredded cheese. Bake uncovered at 450F for 30 minutes.

When Mom made this recipe, she used trout filets and didn't put the cheese on it. When I tried the same recipe, I used haddock filets and put the cheese on it, and it was phenomenal. I also used more bacon because I had more fish than my mother did when she made the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment