Friday 29 July 2011

Spaghetti Sauce

I've managed to spoil Alex, and he no longer likes anybody's spaghetti sauce but mine. He'll eat others, of course, and they're good, but he loves how I do it (and frankly so do I).

1 lb ground pork
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 green pepper, chopped
3 or 4 portions of a garlic clove, chopped
1 can sliced mushrooms (or several fresh mushrooms, chopped)
1 can of Hunts Thick & Rich Mushroom and Basil spaghetti sauce
Red pepper flakes
Oregano
Parsley

Cook ground pork in skillet until no longer pink. Add onions, green peppers, garlic and mushrooms, cook for another few minutes. Add can of spaghetti sauce, red pepper flakes, oregano and parsley and mix thoroughly. Get it nice and hot and then let it simmer while you cook the pasta. It will be a nice, thick, hearty sauce.

I use our wok as the skillet so this is a one pan thing. As for the spices, I don't measure them, I just do a pinch of each for flavor. We use ground pork instead of ground beef because we find it makes the spaghetti sauce taste lighter and overall better than ground beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment