Friday 29 July 2011

Meat Loaf

Mom's recipe? You betcha! I get a lot of recipes from her, and would be posting a lot more of them here if I knew where my recipe box was...This is my favorite meat loaf ever. She also does a stuffed one, but I am a weirdo and hate stuffing, so...you get the one I like. :)

1 lb. (roughly) hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 stalk celery, chopped fine (optional)
1 egg, slightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
Combine together and place in loaf pan
Topping: 3/4 cup ketchup
              2 tbsp. mustard
              1 tsp. corn startch
              1 tbsp. vinegar
              1/4 cup brown sugar
Combine all ingredients together in small dish, then cover meatloaf using pastry brush or back of a spoon. Bake covered with foil for an hour in 350F oven (maybe less depending on weather and altitude).

No comments:

Post a Comment