Wednesday 14 September 2011

Adventures in Baby-Led Weaning Part 2

I decided, since Charlie is going to be six months old on Sunday, that a few days wasn't going to make any difference. So tonight, at supper time, we officially started baby-led weaning.

This was Charlie sitting in his bumbo on the kitchen table at my parents' house, just before supper tonight. He loves sitting with everybody at the table and gets quite upset if we don't let him.


I gave him a carrot and it took him awhile to decide to put it in his mouth (because he was watching Grampie eat the fish we were having and I think he wanted that instead!) but he eventually did, and actually took a bite off it. Dad tried to get a picture of him with the carrot in his mouth but this was the best he could do.



 Grampie decided to let him try some mashed potatoes too. I didn't mind, and Charlie ate some (he took it off Dad's fingers and put it in his mouth). He got more of it on him than he did in his mouth, but that's what this is all about, right?


After supper, I let him try a little bit of my raspberry jello as well. No pictures of that since it wasn't really much to talk about. All in all, with the faces he made, we're not sure he liked anything he tried, but I know he ate some, and the main thing is he's trying it and getting a feel for the textures and tastes of different foods. After all, food before one is just for fun, and he's still getting everything he needs from my breastmilk.

No comments:

Post a Comment