Thursday 29 September 2011

Adventures in Baby-Led Weaning Part 3

I've been slack on the updates regarding the baby-led weaning, but we've been having fun with it. I try not to give him too much, just giving small tastes of different things every once in awhile. We've discovered that he loves arrowroot cookies, ham and bacon and bread (toasted or otherwise) provided it doesn't have crust. He'll eat carrot and mashed potato as well. He does not like tomato or banana. And of course, he loves chocolate pudding.

After eating some mashed potato at my parents' house last night:


Enjoying his very first taste of chocolate pudding, courtesy of Nannie, who thought it would be fun to let him try it. He *loved* it. We gave it to him on a regular spoon first, and when I took the spoon from him so we could give him the rest on his baby spoon, he actually cried.


Eating some ham tonight in his seat while Daddy and I ate supper. I love this seat so much. It straps onto a kitchen chair, is stable and secure and allows me to eat without having him in my lap. He loves the seat too, and was perfectly content to be sitting in it at the table with us while we ate.


Even though he doesn't like banana, I'm going to try giving him a bit of banana bread tomorrow morning and see if he likes it that way.

He's pretty good at coughing if food gets too far back in his throat. I will be happy when he learns to not put so much in his mouth at once though...when does that happen?

And that's it for this update. So far, the baby-led weaning is going well, and very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment