Thursday 8 September 2011

Pineapple Pork Curry

I made this curry recipe up on my own, and it's very mild. If you like a more spicy/hot curry, you may want to add other spices to it to give it the kick you want. I would suggest making it this way and then modifying it to suit your own tastes. Personally, I loved it. Alex really liked it but said it wasn't as spicy as he'd prefer.

2 large pork chops, cut into small bite sized pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large can of pineapple tidbits, plus juice
2 cups water
2-3 tablespoons curry powder
2-3 tablespoons corn starch

Mix all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve with rice (I used instant rice because it's all we had, but it would be really good with basmati rice too, of course). Alex and I each had a good sized serving (1/2 cup rice plus the curry plus carrots), and I was able to make 3 lunches for Alex (1/2 cup rice plus curry) for work with the leftovers. So it makes a fair bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment